IKO Training Calendar 2017-18
Assistant Instructor Plus (AITC+) Medic First Aid (MFA) Instructor Training Course (ITC) Kiteboarding Coach Course (KCC)
12 January – 16 January 2018 17 January 2018 18 January - 22 January 2018 24 January – 28 January 2018
30 January – 03 February 2018 04 February 2018 05 February - 09 February 2018 5 Days / 40 Hours 1 Day 5 Days / 40 Hours 5 Days / 40 Hours
USD $500 USD $150 USD $890 USD $890
IKO AITC+ | About
- Dates: 12 January – 16 January 2018 or 30 January – 03 February 2018
- Language: English
- Days: 5
- Hours: 40
- Students: Max. 8
- Location: Capusan Beach, Cuyo Island, Palawan, Philippines
- Trainer: Vincent Herbillon (IKO Examiner / Coach Trainer)
- Price: $500 USD
Step one toward a pro career in kiteboarding
Would you like to take your kiteboarding skills and turn them into teaching competencies? In this course, IKO Examiner Vincent will show you how to assist as a kiteboarding Assistant Instructor under the supervision of an Instructor Level 2 (or higher). Your training will be divided into 3 parts: evaluation and improvement of your knowledge and riding skills, theoretical lessons and practical teaching situation. Your Assistant Trainer will help you uncover how an IKO affiliated Kite Center works thereby making you knowledgeable on how to: prepare, use and manage equipment properly; follow the fundamental safety principles; and much more.
Duration and completion of the training
The course takes 5 days. Your trainer will evaluate your skills and verify if you meet the criteria at the end of your training. If you pass, your trainer will certify you as an IKO Assistant Instructor and you will be able to download your diploma online.
Worldwide qualifications and benefits:
- Access to IKO Instructor Training Courses
- Assist and supervise one Kiteboarder Level 2 and above
- Assist any IKO Instructor/independent riders in launching/landing procedures
- Assist IKO Instructors Level 2 and above in safety, circulation, organization and equipment setting
- Work at IKO affiliated Kite centers
- Manage the safety and organization of the spot
- Manage the organization of equipment and its necessary maintenance
- Manage rental for independent riders (equipment selection and set up/S.E.A. assessment)
- Post personal profile information viewable on the general public website
- Be at least 16 years old (candidates under 18 years old must obtain parental consent).
- Able to read and write
- Be certified as an IKO Member Level 3N or have an equivalent riding level. To access the ITC, you have to demonstrate the requested skills during the AITC-Plus. Level 3N includes the following skills:
Control of Riding Speed by Edging
Self-Rescue and Pack Down in Deep Water
Jump with Grab
To make sure your riding skills can be evaluated during the AITC-Plus, you can bring a video of you demonstrating the requested skills. This in case there is not enough wind during the course to perform the riding test.
Do you want to work without supervision of an Instructor Level 2? Become an Instructor Level 1!…
A 50% deposit is required to confirm a place on the course, with the remainder payable a month before the course starts. To book, email email@example.com
Places are strictly limited to a maximum of only 8 candidates per course so book early to avoid disappointment!
Any courses cancelled due to lack of participants will be refunded in full.