As the only IKO affiliated kiteboarding centre in the Philippines, CWA is the only place in the country currently able to offer IKO Instructor Training Courses (ITC)
IKO Training Calendar 2017-18
|Assistant Instructor Plus (AITC+)||Medic First Aid (MFA)||Instructor Training Course (ITC)||Kiteboarding Coach Course (KCC)|
|12 January – 16 January 2018||17 January 2018||18 January - 22 January 2018||24 January – 28 January 2018|
|30 January – 03 February 2018||04 February 2018||05 February - 09 February 2018|
|5 Days / 40 Hours||1 Day||5 Days / 40 Hours||5 Days / 40 Hours|
|USD $500||USD $150||USD $890||USD $890|
IKO ITC | About
- Dates: 18 January – 22 January 2018 / 05 February – 09 February 2018
- Language: English
- Days: 5
- Hours: 40
- Students: Max. 8
- Location: Capusan Beach, Cuyo Island, Palawan, Philippines
- Trainer: Vincent Herbillon (IKO Examiner / Coach Trainer)
- Price: $890 USD
A professional training course using the best teaching method
The Instructor Training Course (ITC) is based on IKO kiteboard teaching methods, which are recognized as the international standard in kiteboard teaching. The ITC runs for 5-days at an IKO affiliated Center and is taught by IKO Examiner Vincent Herbillon. An Examiner is a professional who is in charge of your training, evaluation and certification as a new Instructor. ITCs are held with a maximum of 8 candidates.
What will you learn during an ITC?
Your Examiner will expand and transform your theoretical knowledge and practice level and turn these skills sets into a mastery of abilities so that you can teach while transferring your love and passion of the sport to others.Because students safety is our priority, the ITC is hosted at an IKO affiliated Center where your Examiner will train you interactively on all aspects of safety, practical environment, analysis, technique and teaching psychology. Also, live situation modules are held to prepare you for real teaching sessions.
Completion of the Instructor Training Course
If you successfully pass, your will be certified as an IKO Instructor level 1, and you will be able to run lessons fully and independently with two students and one kite at the same time.In case all the ITC modules have not been completed, you may receive internship hours at the end of the ITC. This means that you will need to teach under the supervision of an Instructor level 2 or higher for a designated amount of time in order to complete your training and be validated as an Instructor. Internship is the best way to complete your training while earning teaching practice.
Worldwide qualifications and benefits
- Teach up to two students with one kite at the same time,
- Certify students with the IKO Member Card,
- Access the online job list,
- Post seeking employment ads to the online job list,
- Work at IKO Affiliated Centers,
- Receive customer feedback that results in an international instructor ranking,
- Post personal profile information viewable on the general public website.
- Be at least 18 years old,
- Have a valid IKO Assistant Instructor Certification,
- Have a valid First Aid and CPR Certification,
- Sign the ITC candidate waiver and participation form.
A 50% deposit is required to confirm a place on the course, with the remainder payable a month before the course starts. To book, email email@example.com
Places are strictly limited to a maximum of only 8 candidates per course so book early to avoid disappointment!
Any courses cancelled due to lack of participants will be refunded in full.