IKO Training Calendar 2017-18
|Assistant Instructor Plus (AITC+)||Medic First Aid (MFA)||Instructor Training Course (ITC)||Kiteboarding Coach Course (KCC)|
|12 January – 16 January 2018||17 January 2018||18 January - 22 January 2018||24 January – 28 January 2018|
|30 January – 03 February 2018||04 February 2018||05 February - 09 February 2018|
|5 Days / 40 Hours||1 Day||5 Days / 40 Hours||5 Days / 40 Hours|
|USD $500||USD $150||USD $890||USD $890|
Do you want to teach ‘Kiteboarding Level 5 – Evolution’? Become a Coach!
One of IKO’s newest, highest, and most specialised teaching awards, Coaches are qualified to teach IKO Level 5 kiteboarding and host IKO endorsed Evolution Clinics for advanced kiteboarding instruction.
What’s a Coach?:
A Coach is an IKO Instructor Level 2 that has an excellent riding level. A Coach has additionally received specialized training to perform specific assessment of kiteboarder riding skills in order to be able to help riders get on the path toward progression. As a Coach, you can pick an area of emphasis. You can get certified in one or all three distinct disciplines: Freeride, Freestyle and/or Wave Riding. You will be able to run Evolution Clinics according to which discipline you are certified in as a Coach.
What will you learn during the Kiteboard Coach Course?
- discover how to organise and manage a 6-person Evolution Clinic
- teach advanced rider skills
- prepare advanced lesson plans
- analyse student failures via “video coach,” which consists in filming and debriefing a student’s practice
- teach downwinder organisation and riding
- demonstrate and train on safety and rescue
- do specific warm-up and stretching exercises
- teach theory (meteorology, aerodynamics, tides, etc)
Worldwide qualifications and benefits:
- Run Evolution Clinic with up to 6 participants or per hour Evolution courses
- Purchase IKO products with 30% discount over the public price
- Access to open job listings on the IKO Website
- Post seeking employment ads viewable to IKO Centers
- Post personal profile info online, which is viewable via the general public website
- Receive customer feedback that results in an international instructor ranking
- Be a certified Instructor Level 2
- Be able to successfully demonstrate riding skills in one or more of the categories: Free Style, Free ride, Wave Riding
What you must provide:
- Valid first aid certificate
- Kiteboarding equipment
- Five days of training with a certified IKO Coach Trainer
- Coach certification should you demonstrate the required level
A 50% deposit is required to confirm a place on the course, with the remainder payable a month before the course starts. To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Places are strictly limited to a maximum of only 8 candidates per course so book early to avoid disappointment!
Any courses cancelled due to lack of participants will be refunded in full.